top of page

Satellite FAQ - High School

What is a good template to use for course requirements for High School graduation?

Here is a link to our graduation requirements.

  • Need further assistance? Click here to setup a 15-minute meeting with Lindsay.


How do I know what credit weight I should give a course?

This depends on if the entire course or part of the course has been completed. If you a student is learning Algebra I for 2 semesters, then each semester would be .50. If the student completes all Algebra I in one semester, then the one semester would be 1 credit. Feel free to email us if you have any questions about this.

  • Also, check out this link for more help. 


Can I unschool my high schooler?

Yes, but you are responsible for translating their learning into traditional courses and grades for their transcript.


We are interested in Dual Enrollment courses. Where should we start?

Dual enrollment is when your student is registered with us and is taking a college-level course at a local college. Start with this link. Contact the college you are interested in and see what they need from you to enroll. Let us know if you need us to sign any forms for them.


Where do I request a transcript or diploma?

The Parent Dashboard is currently where you can request either of these items

  • Here is a link to help you with this.

How do I know what courses my 8th grader should take for 9th grade credit?

Any that are high school level qualify.


How do I report their 8th grade courses for 9th grade credit in the Parent Dashboard?

Enter the courses as 9th grade instead of 8th grade.


When my child is ready to graduate, is there a ceremony for them to attend?

There is a casual gathering every May you can attend. If you are wanting to know if your child is ready to graduate, please email us and we will go over their transcript with you.


My student has graduated, how do I request a transcript or diploma?

Use this link to submit the request.


How do I request a DMV letter?

Click here for info on where to submit the request and what info we need in the request.


What are the different ways we can do the schoolwork and get high school credit for the courses?

Use this link to get more info.


My child is taking an AP course, what do I need to do to get them registered?

Here is a link to relevant information on how to register for AP Exams: Register for AP Exams – AP Students | College Board

  • Our school code with College Board is 432212
    Be sure to double check that they should use our school code.

  • What if I’m Home-Schooled or at a School That Doesn’t Offer AP?
    You may be able to take the AP Exam you want by arranging to test at a participating school. Here’s how:

    • Call the AP Coordinators identified by AP Services no later than March 15.

    • When calling Coordinators to arrange testing, make sure to inform them you are trying to locate a school willing to administer exams to homeschooled students or students from schools that do not offer AP Exams. Tell them which exams you plan to take.

    • If you have a documented disability that will require testing accommodations at the exam, and if you have been approved by the College Board to test with accommodations.

    • Once you locate an agreeable school, that school’s AP Coordinator is responsible for ordering your exam materials, telling you when and where to report for the exams, and collecting your fees, which may be higher to cover the school’s additional proctoring or administration costs. That school must administer the exams for you; the school cannot forward them to you or your school for handling.

    • On exam day, you must bring a valid government-issued or school-issued photo ID with you to the exam. If you have approval from the College Board to test with accommodations, you must also bring your Student Accommodation Letter

  • ​If you attend a school that doesn’t offer AP, you should not use the school code for the school where you are testing. Instead, make sure to use your own school’s code so your exam score(s) will be reported to your school. This means you need to get your school’s six-digit code from your principal or school counselor before exam day.​ Contact AP Services no later than March 1 to get the names and telephone numbers of local, participating AP Coordinators willing to test outside students. Prepare a list of the AP Exams you are interested in taking before you call. If you are home-schooled, use the state or international home-school/self-study code that will be given to you on the day of the exam.

Additional Resources

  • Our school code for ACT and College Board courses and tests is 432212.
    College Board: AP, SAT, PSAT/NMSQT , PSAT 10 , PSAT 8/9 &

bottom of page